..................Welcome........

6/16/12

Ladies In Lavender...

Summer...what a wonderful word..Summer...with the S from Sun..the S from Shine..but..alas..the sun didn't shine so much in the last couple of weeks...The Hilltop sky was mostly cloudy and many many rainstorms kept all the Hilltop inhabitants snug in their little nests..

You could say it was a miracle that our dear Dutchess and sweet Miss Moussie had managed to paint the Hilltop Hall...in between rain showers and heavy wind...One could also find it a miracle that nothing went wrong...no accidents at all !!..They didn't fall of ladders..they didn't drop their paintbrushes..There was only that one little mistake Miss Moussie made...

Well....we are not sure it was a mistake...but fact is that now all the doors of the Hilltop hall are lavender blue....and they supposed to be Ivy green...!
Miss Moussie picked a colour whilst wearing her sunglasses on a shady day...and so it happened that a dozen cans of paint where delivered on her doorstep with the colour.... Blue...now what to do.....well...we did give it a try, we painted Miss Moussie little birds nest door..Gustave's dinner table....Mr C's rocking chair...Sir Horatio 's walking cane...and then we couldn't stop...so now....everything is lavender blue...and its ever so lovely...

Dear reader and friend...please make a note in your summer diary that soon..very soon, when the sky will be as blue as the Hilltop shutters there will be a little party....with lots of sun and shine...love and laughter..Dearest ladies.....dress code....Blue...lavender blue...!

6 comments:

Elizabeth Rose Stanton said...

My favorite colors :)

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

I WILL BE THERE....you know my favorite color is blue in these shades:

perwinkle
lavender
cobalt
aqua
turquoise

WOW! MISS M. , your little sunglasses change the hue of things, but your little "mistake" resulted in an enchanting color that is painting summer's plans for us all!

I WILL BE THERE. I wait impatiently for you to come out to play with us.....and I visited your cabinet of wonders yesterday while Irina and her daughter were with me......

WE ALSO have been having so much rain here! The little finch who has made a nest in our birdhouse was singing her heart out looking for a mate....no callers yet, but she is still trying!!!

Have a magical day my sweet zuster...Nita

Palomasea said...

Oh yes, I must find your splendid cabinet of wonders!
And lavender blue...hooray for Miss Mousie...a most delicious color...
makes me hum the song...Lavender Blue Dilly Dilly, Lavender Green...
:)))
Sending lots of sunshine your way, dear Dutchess,
- Irina

Sheila said...

Oh Miss M, its awfully rainy here too.
I love pretty blue shades!
x

Lisa Farmer Designs said...

Hello Miss Moussie, I so enjoyed my stroll through the woods at the Hilltop. It was a feast for the eyes and ears. And to my delight, upon returning to Oak Street, there seems to be the soft, sweet, scent of lavender in the air. I believe if I follow the scent, I can find my way back! Your newest follower, Lisa Farmer

Maggie Ann said...

Enchanting!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin